Sunday, May 9, 2010

Two Weeks Flew By

First of all, let me start by saying Happy Mother's Day! For anyone who reads this that is a mother :) The past few days have been a combination of busy and infamously boring. The students started classes last week so by Thursday I had to already be used to Josh being gone or when he is here, studying. I'm ok with this, that's what we're here for!

Friday night the Spouses org invited us all out to dinner at the Sunset Beach Bar. That place is so much fun!! Josh and I headed over there when we first arrived to get a couple drinks, topless women drink free, alas we did not drink for free. For anyone who doesn't know, the bar is on a little strip of beach right next to the airport landing strip. Watching the planes come in is really an incredible sight, I had so much fun! Anyways Friday night was no exception, we had a lot of fun and met some really awesome people :) All of the spouses and their students are so helpful and they really make sure all the newcomers have everything we need. They are a great resource and I'm happy I get to be a part of that community. For example, we do not have our rental car anymore and have to walk everywhere, as previously addressed with our grocery store walk :) The Sunset Beach Bar is farther away than the grocery store, just for reference. After I was unable to get in touch with anyone who might be able to drive us, Josh decided we should just walk there. Oh boy here we go. Luckily it was a lovely evening, not too hot, and this time I was ready albeit still reluctantly. As we were trudging through the golf course a fellow spouse recognized us and gave us a ride :) Yaay! See everyone is so nice!

Saturday was another outing, this time with just the Spouses. We all went out to lunch at Pineapple Pete's in Simpson Bay. I really like it, and I especially liked getting to meet even more spouses! Some people have children, some don't, some have even had their babies on the island (!), and some people, like me, are dedicated boyfriends and girlfriends. Either way we are all here to support our students and each other :)

Today Josh and I trekking yet again through the golf course into Maho. This time it was my idea! We are gonna look for a book for me to read, maybe pick up a new pair of earrings (I lost mine in the ocean, who wears earrings in the ocean?!), and inevitably pick up some groceries. It's hot today but oh well, I'd better get used to it!! Hopefully we will go to the beach afterwards!

Amanda

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so glad to hear that you are having a good time! Post some pics when you get a chance--I want to see how beautiful it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be posting pics soon, yaay!

    ReplyDelete