Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Time to Get to Work

Yesterday I started babysitting for two awesome little boys! They are children of two professors at AUC and I think it's going to be a lot of fun. They are ages 9 and 4 and just so polite and outgoing. I was so shy at their age it's funny to see how talkative they are. It's gonna be a really fun summer!

Today I started training to be an SP (Standardized Patient) for the ICM (Intro. to Clinical Medicine) class. So far I'm not a very good actress but I will just practice practice practice! Again, it's gonna be a lot of fun and bonus many of the spouses do it too!

Last night we got a really good taste of how crazy and unreliable the electricity can be. The power kept going out and coming back on for several hours. It would have been fine during the day but it kept waking us up as we tried to sleep. Needless to say I was sooo sleepy all day!

Also, last night for dinner I made the most banging pork chops EVER. I braised them with an onion and mustard sauce and made sour cream and chive mashed potatoes, soooo good :) Haha, it's not very exciting but figuring out how to grocery shop and cook with in our confined little kitchen. We were forewarned about the prices here, but they are ok so far. Meat, especially chicken is pricey and some vegetables are expensive, but mostly day to day grocery prices are similar to those back in CT. Back to our kitchen appliances, they are so wee tiny! Our neighbors have standard sized refridgerators and ovens so I don't know why we got the little ones, but oh well, they will work just fine!

I used the gym at AUC and sometime this week (whenever I get around to it) I will be able to get my own spouses ID badge. I think it's really great that I am able to get Josh's student discount and use all the facilites on campus, it opens up even more oppotunites to me :)

Tonight Josh and I have big plans to watch Lost (hooray prime time!) and devour some honey pizza!

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment